couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hicks <silent_vende...@hotmail.com>
Subject Best views performance
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 22:03:23 GMT

If I have a DB of lets say 100K+ documents, with each document having 20 fields, would it
be more efficient to have a view that has indexed each document and simply run more complex
queries over them or would it be better to have a number of smaller views, each covering only
a few fields, and running much simpler queries on each of these views for whatever data might
be needed at that moment. As with most things the answer is probably "it depends." If there
is no easy answer could anyone tell me what the pros and cons are to each of these approaches?
Chris Hicks