couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Steven.Prent...@nextgen.net
Subject Fw: Help a noob upgrade couchDB from 0.8 to 0.11
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 06:41:21 GMT
----- Forwarded by Steven Prentice/NextGen Systems on 31/05/2010 04:41 PM
-----

From:
Steven Prentice/NextGen Systems
To:
Sam Bisbee <sbisbee@computervip.com>
Date:
31/05/2010 03:49 PM
Re: Help a noob upgrade couchDB from 0.8 to 0.11

Hi Sam, thanks for the speedy reply, my apologies re posting more than one
email, my mail client crashed but somehow sent half a message at the same
time.

ok at this point couchDB is so messy I have no idea what is going on!!
very frustrating. Restarting my machine is not an option as its a shared
machine that i access remotely (sux I know). I am an absolute noob not
only to couch but also to ubuntu...why I have been given the task of using
both I do not know :p

Anyway, it sounds like completely removing and reinstalling couchDB would
be the go.

would it be possible for you to run me through how I could go about doing
that. (and if I do, will it be a sure thing that the new version of couch
will work on my system (ubuntu 9.04). I am able to operate as a root user
(in case that helps)

I'd be more than happy to move this convo to an instant messenger or
something if it means speeding up the process

Steve