couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Proxied CouchDB breaks continuous _changes
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 15:45:05 GMT
As I said before, I don't know nginx at all and therefore I also don't know the exact behavior
of this setting. If it is a buffer, preventing streaming or chunked transfer encoding at all,
I would say yes, you want this basically for all requests/paths.

I just wanted to point at a possible wiki edit :) It would be very nice if you could add a
sentence or two to the wiki describing what the effect is and why you use these settings.

On 19.05.2010, at 17:31, Zachary Zolton wrote:

> @Sebastian that's correct. I am however using this configuration and
> everything seem to be working fine for me. As always, YMMV...
>
> Is having "proxy_buffering off;" for all paths really a bad thing? I
> think you'd want that behavior, for instance, when send()'ing
> individual chunks from a _list function—you wouldn't the proxy to
> buffer those for a large query result.
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Sebastian Cohnen
> <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know nginx at all, but your update to the wiki:
>>
>> location / {
>>                proxy_pass http://localhost:5984;
>>                proxy_redirect off;
>>                proxy_buffering off;
>>                proxy_set_header Host $host;
>>                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
>>                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
>>        }
>>
>> does not seem to do benoits "proxy_buffering off; on _changes path" but rather for
all pathes? pls ignore me, when I'm wrong :)