couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing suite and upgrades
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 20:46:39 GMT

On May 20, 2010, at 1:01 AM, Patrick Barnes wrote:

> I recently upgraded my couchdb server, and I can't run the test suite; there are existing
databases and users defined.

> Is there a better way to test that the database server is working properly other than
having to delete all the administrators and manually restore them later?

> -Patrick

Not really. If you want to do this in a less intrusive manner, you can comment out the admins
section in local.ini and then uncomment it later when you are done running the tests.

At least that way you don't have to manually re-add the administrators.

Take care that your Couch is not being accessed by other users when running the test suite,
as they will have temporary admin access during the tests.

Chris