couchdb-user mailing list archives

From vamsi dhar <g.vamsid...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot connect to Couch DB after unplanned system reboot
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 20:29:24 GMT
Hi All,

 I have installed the latest version of Couch DB in Linux machine. I have
been working with out any issues till today morning when i had to manually
reboot the machine because it got hanged. After this when i try to connect
to Couch DB from UI i get the below error message.

Database information could not be retrieved: {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
 [{couch_file,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

I investigated through several forums and found that it might be because of
permission issue. I tried to change the permission of the Couch DB, ran it
as root . Nothing helped. Can any one please point me out on how to approach
this problem ? Are there any repair / restore tools available with Couch DB
?

Thanks,
Vamsi.