couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Literature Survey
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 14:53:53 GMT
Hi Mario,

This project of yours sounds interesting! I'm building a system at the
moment to handle large amounts of university data
- doc types are users, roles, and groups.
- users are all staff, students, external
- groups are hierarchically and flexibly arranged from faculty, school,
subject, semester, tutorials, to student group projects.
- roles represent user->group relations, and represent student enrolment,
tutor assignment, and administrator privileges.
- couchdb access is by applications.
- each application can attach its own data to users, groups or roles, so
many apps don't need their own db.

There's no "literature" for it yet, or even much documentation - but I'd be
happy to discuss it with you further if you're interested. I'd love to know
more about what you're planning,  as well.

Patrick Barnes
Senior Software Engineer
Faculty of Engineering and IT
University of Technology, Sydney