couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject version history
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 09:01:45 GMT
Hi CouchDBers,

I'm attempting to use CouchDB for a system that requires full auditing
of all data operations. Because of its built in revision-tracking,
couch seemed like an ideal choice. But then I read in the O'Reilly
textbook that "CouchDB does not guarantee that older versions are kept
around."

I can't seem to find much more documentation on this point, or how
couch deals with its revision-tracking internally. Is there any way to
configure couch either on a per-database, or per-document level to
keep all versions around forever? If so, how?

Anything you can point me at that would let me know if this is
possible and how to do it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Cory