couchdb-user mailing list archives

From vamsi dhar <g.vamsid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot connect to Couch DB after unplanned system reboot
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 14:06:03 GMT
Hi Mano,

 Thanks for the reply. I do not have a user with the name couchdb, i have
that
assigned to my local user. I tried assigning 777 permissions on couchdb,
which
did not work. Can you suggest on how to proceed further on this ?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Manokaran K <manokaran@...> writes:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:59 AM, vamsi dhar <g.vamsidhar@...> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >  I have installed the latest version of Couch DB in Linux machine. I
have
> > been working with out any issues till today morning when i had to
manually
> > reboot the machine because it got hanged. After this when i try to
connect
> > to Couch DB from UI i get the below error message.
> >
> > Database information could not be retrieved: {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},

[{couch_file,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

> > I investigated through several forums and found that it might be because
of
> > permission issue. I tried to change the permission of the Couch DB, ran
it
> > as root . Nothing helped. Can any one please point me out on how to
> > approach
> > this problem ? Are there any repair / restore tools available with Couch
DB