couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Using CouchDB in standalone win application
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 10:52:17 GMT
>>> I am considering to use the couchdb in a standalone windows application.
>>> Therefore i would like to simply bundle the couchdb with my application and
>>> start/stop it from the application. So i would need to use the windows
>>> binary but don't want to register any dlls/services etc.

You can relax - this seems pretty easy. caveats - I'm running as admin
on my PC, I installed into d:/win32app/couchdb instead of the default.

open up a cmd prompt:

net stop "apache couchdb"

pushd d:\win32app\couchdb\bin
erl.exe -nohup -sasl errlog_type error -s couch

[sit back and relax]

btw for the windows service, can we have it registered as "CouchDB" or
Apache_CouchDB instead of "Apache CouchDB" with a space? putting in
those quotes each time bugs me...