couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb-lucene: Runtime exception
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 08:54:10 GMT
You are attempting to sort on a field with text in, which Lucene does
not support. You can prevent this exception by not doing that. :)

Specifically, you've done something like ret.add(doc.subject,
{"field":"subject"}) and then ?sort=subject

Assuming I've guessed correctly, you can achieve this effect using the
keyword analyzer (which will not break your 'subject' field into
multiple tokens); add {"analyzer":"keyword"} when indexing that field.
Note that the full value of 'subject' will be indexed, so you might
wish to truncate it.

B.