couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Behrad Zari <behrad_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using views in Validation functions
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 11:52:25 GMT
Consider implementing a MailBox scenario on top of CouchDB, where we should manage user box
quota size.
If we create a doc for each user, and represent a message with a doc that references user
doc NOW:
For quota size control, I was thinking to use validation functions but it seems they have
only access to the to-be-created/updated doc, but we need access to all docs/msgs (to collect
attachment sizes) referenced to the user, and this can happen by a map/reduce function!

Any helps/suggestions/workarounds would be thankful!

--Behrad