couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Ronchetti <bruno.ronche...@mac.com>
Subject Couchdb-lucene - altering views expected behaviour
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 11:25:08 GMT
Hi everyone,

I intend to work with couchdb-lucene and have downloaded the latest version yesterday. Everything
was OK with the initial setup and I have been able to obtain correct responses from the examples
in the Read Me.

Now i would like to proceed to more complex indexing and I am getting behaviour that I can
not explain.

This happens when I change the index functions in the views and/or alter the view names (i.e.
the name of the properties in the fulltext object).

When I do that I start getting  {"code":400,"reason":"no_such_view"} messages.

I am getting these messages both on the changed/altered views, but also when querying unchanged
views within the same  _design document. The [DEBUG] level logs bear no explanation, at least
to my noob eyes.

Cleaning up with   curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/pbo_documents/_fti/_cleanup does not
help. I have also tried deleting the index files, but this does not help either. The only
thing that seems to work is starting afresh with a new _design document.

Is this by design, or have I picked an unstable state yesterday?

Would really appreciate any help here.

Regards. Bruno.