couchdb-user mailing list archives

From mario dcunha <mario_dcu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connect to flex
Date Sat, 15 May 2010 17:14:51 GMT
U mean Flex can make direct requests to CouchDB without the need of any middle layer AT ALL?
I know this is possible with MySql... but we're trying to figure out whether a shortcut method
like that is available for CouchDB as well....

________________________________
From: Mike Keen <mk@visiture.com>
To: "user@couchdb.apache.org" <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, 12 May, 2010 12:54:56 AM
Subject: Re: Connect to flex

Why even bother with PHP? Flex allows you to make HTTP requests right out of the box. No need
for the additional layer.

On May 11, 2010, at 3:15 PM, mario dcunha wrote:

> the thing is... flex has an option to connect an application to a databse. when it says
databse it only means a 'my sql' databse... so i wanna know whether we can use any pluggin
sort of thing to connect flex to a couchdb databse... and hence generate the php...

> ________________________________

Nginx or Apache's mod_proxy) in front will suffice. There is no need for any additional server
sided language.

> Cheers,

were we are aiming to create a web applicaition using adobe flex builder 3.

> this application is an automated department manager, which manages the students and teacher
details of our department in our college. so we know that flex can connect to mysql and the
php files are generated automatically.

> is it possible to connect flex to couch db? if that happens, it will be the best thing
because the middle layer(php) will be easily created, and also, the database (couch db) is
anyways easy to manage when compared to mysql.