couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: Question on selecting on reduce values
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 16:55:51 GMT
Good evening,

> try replacing the reduce function with the single word string "_count" (Without the quotes)
> this will do it in Erlang, and should speed things up a lot. please let us know what
kind of difference this makes.

Wow! Indeed! It went from 13 seconds to 1second!!!
Maybe I should learn erlang ;)

Thank you very much for your help.

Two comments though:

1. It took me some time to understand that a noeol file had to be done if we wanted couchapp
to work with _sum and _count. Is it documented anywhere?

2. I'm a bit confused by the impact of views implementation on request time. Isn't couchdb
supposed to cache partial reduce results (like it does for map results)?

Regards,

Aurélien