couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "c.Kleinhuis" ...@digitalgott.de>
Subject large attachments/huge databases ?`
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:35:24 GMT
i need to convience my project manager ;)

-he read that indexing is significantly higher than e.g. mysql -
my answer was that indexing is not affecting performance because it is a
one time action ....

-another point is general performance of about e.g. 200.000 documents in
a single
database ... how is disk usage when maintaining versioning of each
document ?
-can the versioning be deactivated or deleted ?!

and finally it is about handling huge movie files ( production 720p
files ) which
must be handled somehow, what happens if an upload fails, or should a
proxy like
php be used to receive those files, and just store a reference in the
couchdb ?

thx in advance
ck