couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "c.Kleinhuis" ...@digitalgott.de>
Subject Linking of Documents / Attachments
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 09:57:18 GMT
Hello all,

i just decided to use couchdb in favor of hibernate/spring ... my name
is christian kleinhuis

and i have some general questions:

1. How is linking of documents solved ?
    i would like to have something like a root node ( Project )
    and i would like to associate nodes ( tasks ) to this root node,
    what is the way to do it with couchdb ?
    do i use the "_id" of the projekt in my task document, or do i
    add the tasks as fields in the project ? but thus i couldnt edit a
single
    task hence it hasnt an id ...

2. handling attachments ... are the attached files configurable in the
    file system, so that a user could go in the attachments folder and see
    the files directly ?!

thanks in advance
ck