couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Ronchetti <bruno.ronche...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb-lucene - altering views expected behaviour
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 06:56:56 GMT
Hi Robert,

thanks for expressing interest.

I am out of the office right now but will provide you with a procedure as soon as I am back
later in the day.

Regards. Bruno.

On 03/mag/2010, at 17.09, Robert Newson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you describe the changes you've made to your design document in
> more detail? A step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem would
> also help me immensely.
>
> Thanks,
> B.
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Bruno Ronchetti
> <bruno.ronchetti@mac.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I intend to work with couchdb-lucene and have downloaded the latest version yesterday.
Everything was OK with the initial setup and I have been able to obtain correct responses
from the examples in the Read Me.

>> Now i would like to proceed to more complex indexing and I am getting behaviour that
I can not explain.

>> This happens when I change the index functions in the views and/or alter the view
names (i.e. the name of the properties in the fulltext object).

>> When I do that I start getting  {"code":400,"reason":"no_such_view"} messages.
>>
>> I am getting these messages both on the changed/altered views, but also when querying
unchanged views within the same  _design document. The [DEBUG] level logs bear no explanation,
at least to my noob eyes.

>> Cleaning up with   curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/pbo_documents/_fti/_cleanup
does not help. I have also tried deleting the index files, but this does not help either.
The only thing that seems to work is starting afresh with a new _design document.