couchdb-user mailing list archives

From cou...@gmx.net
Subject Re: couchdb 0.11 on debian lenny, futon.js error
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 11:31:13 GMT

Am 27.05.2010 17:55, schrieb Sam Bisbee:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 05:00:56PM +0200, couchp@gmx.net wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I managed to install couchdb 0.11 on a debian lenny via
>>
>> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
>>
>> in /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>> As far as I can see couchdb is up and running fine. I added two databases and
>> querying them via curl worked great.
>>
>> The problem however is that Futon does not work right.
>>
>> http://localhost:5984/_utils/
>>
>> The Startpage renders and shows only the website skeleton. The sidebar is
>> missing and no database is shown in the database section of the screen.
>>
>> Firebugs console tells me there is a javascript error:
>>
>> this.live is not a function
>>
>> [Break on this error] return this.live('focusin', function() {
>
> Hi couchP,
>
> This is a known bug when running a mixed system (running lenny and then
> installing CouchDB 0.11.0-1 from testing/unstable). There's more information in
> the bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=582022
>
> In summary from the ticket, you need to install libjs-jquery from testing as
> well. There wasn't a version number associated with the jquery dependency, and
> the .live() function isn't available in the version of jquery in stable. I'll
> be releasing a fix for this in 0.11.0-2 either this weekend or early next week.
>
> Also, please feel free to report Debian related bugs directly to Debian - you
> got semi-lucky that I follow this list. :-) Information on how to report bugs
> can be found at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting. A list of existing
> tickets for the CouchDB package is at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=couchdb
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Sam Bisbee

Hi Sam,

I did not even think about it could be an issue with the couchdb-packaging! So indeed I am
really lucky you had an eye on this list. After installing the libjs-jquery from testing futon
worked like a charm.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for taking time resolving this issue!

Cheers,

couchP