couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject Re: Executing script after insert (Trigger)
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 09:45:45 GMT
Hi,

There is little info on the wiki about update notifications but that's what
you'll need. There is an example on the wiki which does some thing on update
[1] and there's a blog post [2] on the topic.

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Regenerating_views_on_update

[2]: http://blog.fupps.com/2010/05/10/update-notifications-in-couchdb-
tweeting-urgent-documents/

Cheers,

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 11:36:20 Kropp, Henning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read about the possibility to "trigger" index updates after an amount
> of inserts. I would like to execute a script after every insert to
> update some logic, for example to update the count of blog posts in the
> db (I believe this example would not make much sense, but still ..)
>
> Is it generally possible to execute a script/view after every an insert
> in couchdb, besides using validation which I suppose could be used as a
> workaround?
>
> And/Or is it possible to find out which are new entries after the last
> execution of a view, so one could execute a scheduled script which only
> executes on the new entries? Sticking to the example of counting blog
> posts and suppose I would have hundreds of categories and would only
> like to update the count of the new categories not having to go through
> the rest.
>
> I am new to couchdb, its concept and erlangen.
> Kind regards

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350