couchdb-user mailing list archives

From mario dcunha <mario_dcu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connect to flex
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 18:25:55 GMT
i have done an HTTP request but that is using the PHP file. what we have done so far is this:
from a registration form to register a new student, the student enters his/her details in
the form.
Now, from the form we take the user input and POST it to the php file using the HTTP request
from flex.
This works fine!
but, only th PHP file is connected to couch db... and not flex. therefore if we go this way,
it will take a LONG time coding all the pho files ans figuring out whether they will work
or not. instead i want a direct HTTP request or ANYTHING to couchDB directly...

________________________________
From: Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl>
To: "user@couchdb.apache.org" <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Sun, 16 May, 2010 11:38:09 PM
Subject: RE: Connect to flex

You just need to find out how to do an HTTP request from Flex and you should have a start
right there. CouchDB's API is a RESTful HTTP/JSON API, so you basically you just need some
code to perform HTTP GET/POST/PUT/DELETE requests. You can wrap that up in a library like
has been done for many programming languages, but even if no one has done that for Flex yet,
performing basic HTTP requests from your language of choice should be a good start.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Reference#API

Nils.