couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange Ajax problem
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 01:16:33 GMT

On May 12, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Dennis Clark wrote:

> Long time lurker, first time writer?
>
> I'm writing a couchapp and I'm trying to use ajax to get a list from my design document
and load it into my page. I get a function_clause error when I run the list from jquery, but
if I try to get the same URL with curl or just open the link that generates the error in a
new browser window I get exactly what I'm supposed to. Happy to provide more information if
it helps, but is there some kind of known problem that's causing this behavior that someone
can just tell me how to avoid?

This could be due to a mismatch in the Accept header handling. maybe.

It's worth trying to wrap your list in a

function(req, head) {

provides("html", function() {
  // html handling code here
  while (row = getRow()) { ... blah ... }
});

};
Hope that helps. If it doesn't please provide your version info and a stacktrace so we can
help you in more detail.

Thanks,
Chris