I've no idea if I can attach PNGs here, but here goes.  Find attached one proposed design.  Only Inkscape atm, but I should be able to convert to HTML with little fuss.  A few notes:

* I threw away the font currently being used (I think it's Myriad, which to me doesn't say "relaxation", and which I don't happen to have anyway).  Instead I went with http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Candela , which I really think fits.  It says "informal" without looking rebellious, and has a definite lounge-y "don't get off your feet" feel.  As a bonus it's free and will allow no-fuss @font-face use.
* I got rid of the green.  To keep things dead simple I switched to the exact complement of the main red -- a cyan.
* The wording needs work and is partly placeholder, but hopefully I've cut out the diving into terminology without it being (too) patronising.
* it's a bit messy atm.
* I'm not really sure about those cushions I hacked up.  The idea might be alright, but the curveyness and gradients totally conflict with the CouchDB logo.
* other points to make, I think, but I'm going to eat now.

Let me know if

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@me.com> wrote:

On 13 Apr 2010, at 13:54, James Fisher wrote:

> Certainly will do.  I'm doing some rough sketches now; might get something
> up in the next couple of days.

Please take a look at these designs:

Homepage:
http://twitpic.com/pme28/full

Homepage/Downloads:
http://twitpic.com/pmetj/full

Homepage/Screenshots:
http://twitpic.com/pmevr/full

Wiki:
http://twitpic.com/pmexo/full

Wiki/Syntax reference:
http://twitpic.com/pmf2r/full

I think we all agreed at the time that this was a good way forward for the site.

Search the dev mailing list for "Website redesign" and maybe get in touch with:

       maddiin <maddiin@googlemail.com>

He was doing most of the work on this last time!

Thanks,