couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rajkumar S <rajkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Speeding up views after a backup/restore
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:20:12 GMT
Hello,

I am using rsync to backup the couchdb database. I have multiple dbs
with size in the range of 50G and growing. While I have configured
replication and takes backup using rsync, If at some point the entire
service collapses, I need to restore my service as quickly as
possible. This include restoring the database as well as the views
that are being used by web interface.

Right now if I restore the .couch files It will take me a lot of time
to index all views all over again. So what is the best practice to
restore a service (ie, not just the couch database, but the entire web
service)  using couchdb quickly after a catastrophic failure?

with regards,

raj