couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Manokaran K <manoka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb-lucene reindexes when restarted
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:29:49 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I think I understand this now.
>
> When you start couchdb-lucene on a database for the first time (and
> after a restart), it looks at the update_seq of all the Lucene indexes
> it has on disk and takes the lowest number of these. It then uses that
> in a call to _changes?since=N.
>
> My suspicion is you have an index that is no longer reachable (because
> you've changed your index function at some point). This index won't be
> updated, so it's stuck at 27200.
>
> I've pushed an update that will log (at DEBUG level, so change
> log4j.xml temporarily) how the 'since' value is calculated. It would
> be very helpful if you could verify my hypothesis.
>
> You can fix this, if I'm right, by running _cleanup (check the README
> for the syntax) which will delete the unreachable index. I need to
> make a real fix, though; namely, the update_seq calculation should
> ignore unreachable indexes.

Your hypothesis is likely. A couple of days back, I was getting some doc ids
as response to some query but the doc was not available in couchdb. Most
likely c-l returned some doc ids that it had indexed earlier but since I
drop and recreate the db in couchdb during development, c-l did not know
about it! But I was not able to recreate this problem.

Will use the latest build and update you.

thanks,
mano