couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kenneth Tyler <...@8thfold.com>
Subject Re: an aggregate object
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:48:25 GMT
Jeremy,
I was trying to keep the description of my problem simple.... i
actually need to be able to have some of the documents in my group of
documents themselves be groups of documents.

so in this case the video clip might end up being 3 video clips that
are variations of each other

i need to both be able to group the text doc, the image and the 3
video clips together... i also need to be able to tell that the 3
video clips "belong" to each other

a multipart name that can be recursively processed will let me do
that, but i think i'd lose a "document_group" value the minute i had a
group that was itself a group

thanks

ken