couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Smith <...@couch.io>
Subject Re: Problems building/installing 0.11 on Solaris 10
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:25:35 GMT
Matt,

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Matthew Sinclair-Day <msddsm@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've built 0.11 for Solaris 10/x86, but I am running into problems getting
> couch to start.

A few things to check:

- Put /usr/xpg4/bin or /usr/gnu/bin before /usr/bin in your PATH.
/usr/bin/sed in particular seems to fail in a few places in the make
files.  Rebuild couchdb.

- Remove the functions that use 'find ... -maxdepth ...' (you've
already done this)

- Remove anything hanging around in $PREFIX/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib

- Check src/couchdb/couch.app and ensure that the brackets and braces
are correctly balanced.  Another user on Solaris found that it was
needing another set of "]}" before the final ".".

Tim
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate