couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Kempf <jochenke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with puull replication
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:35:48 GMT
Still struggling with the pull replication!

The only setup that worked for me is leaving CouchDB without an admin user
and deactivate basic authentication in nginx.
But - this is not suitable for security reasons!

Is there anyone successfully doing pull replication with basic
authentication enabled?

I simply cannot get it work:
- via Futon I get a "401 Authorization required" error
- via RestClient I get a "RestClient::InternalServer" error

However, when I do a poosh replication it works fine both in Futon as with
RestClient - and I just swap the "target" and "source" member!

I have no clue what else to look for trying to get pull replication work
with basic authentication.

Please also see my gist with the code I used: http://gist.github.com/364072

Really would be happy with some help!