couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject RE: Searching a schema-free-friendly PHP framework
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:57:20 GMT
Hi,

CodeIngniter [1] is quite slender but does have RDBMS classes behind its models. ZendFramework
[2], however, will allow you to do what you need since it - by default - does not put any
RDBMS stuff behind your models. Of course, Barebones MVC [3], which is actually a very elegant
implementation, is also ideal but it lacks everything except, well, the MVC pattern.

In the end, ZendFramework has what you need 1) no RBMS models; 2) advanced routing mechanisms,
3) many neat libraries to ease development and 4) simple REST classes to help you build a
simple CouchDB API. The downside is that it's rather cumbersome to master.

[1]: http://codeigniter.com/

[2]: http://framework.zend.com/

[3]: http://code.google.com/p/barebonesmvc-php/

Cheers,