couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About denormalization and keep consistent
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:28:15 GMT
I suggest you check out the _changes API:
http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/change-notifications

Basically, if you have doc types A & B, where B maintains a denormed
bit of A, then you can watch the _changes feed in a backend process.
When an A gets updated, hit a view of all B's related to that
particular A, and update the dernomed data.