couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject SASL overhead (was Re: CouchDB and Hadoop_)
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:03:01 GMT
I've found that replication crashes pin the cpu and can even make couch
unresponsive because the message queues and internal state of the
replication processes is huge SASL logging serializes it all to the log
file.

I don't really have a good solution to this. Maybe there should be an option
for turning off SASL in couch which would restrict the log messages to
explicitly logged messages from couches ?LOG_<level> functions. It seems a
reasonable default to me that SASL is only enabled when log level is DEBUG.
If people feel good about this I'd happily make the patch.