couchdb-user mailing list archives

From lenz <norb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Ezra doesn't recommend CouchDB
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:49:19 GMT
i think this really breaks more down to personal preferences than a
technical problem. we never had any problems with CouchDB in
production so far and certainly not speed or reliability wise. there
are really enough production examples out there meanwhile and i see no
reason for being scared here. i think ezra simply tried an other stack
and it works nicely for him and does what he needs, why would he need
to try something else? there are plenty of possibilities out there and
building the stack that is best for your problem is easier than ever.
i think the times where you have to take _the_ DB and tweak it to your
use case are really over - we have plenty of DBs out there now and can
choose the one best for the job.

cheers
lenz

--