couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: couchdb-lucene reindexes when restarted
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:26:53 GMT
One thought. There is a delay between indexing and commit the index to
disk. updates within that period (currently 60s seconds) will indeed
be redone if you restart couchdb-lucene. I'll make the setting
configurable but it will always be at least a few seconds, as this
makes for much more efficient i/o. You can see search results before
the data is committed to disk, so perhaps this explains what you're

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Manokaran K <> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Robert Newson <>wrote:
>> Make sure you're up to date. the ini file no longer has a log entry,
>> the log output location is in the log4j.xml file. If you unzip a newly
>> built zip file ('mvn' will build one for you) it should log to a file
>> in the logs/ folder.
>> I've verified that c-l does not start over when restarted with the
>> current code. It's possible there was a regression in the past that no
>> one else noticed (including me). Can you retry with the latest code
>> please?
> I will.
> thanks,
> mano