couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject [ANN] CouchDB-Python 0.7
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:35:05 GMT
Hello all,

We have a new release of CouchDB-Python for you today: 0.7.

In this release, we've gotten rid of our dependency on httplib2,
replacing it by a thin couchdb.http layer based on httplib. This means
some API changes have been made; we have improved some other API
inconsistencies at the same time, to minimize the amount of
inconvenience for all users. We have also finally added a changes
method to the Database class, with convenient generator-based
continuous changes API. Here's a more detailed list of changes:

 * Tested with CouchDB 0.10, 0.11 and current trunk.
 * Tested on Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6.
 * Breaking change: the dependency on `httplib2` has been replaced by
   an internal `couchdb.http` library. This changes the API in several places.
   Most importantly, `resource.request()` now returns a 3-member tuple.
 * Breaking change: `couchdb.schema` has been renamed to `couchdb.mapping`.
   This better reflects what is actually provided. Classes inside
   `couchdb.mapping` have been similarly renamed (e.g. `Schema` -> `Mapping`).
 * Breaking change: `couchdb.schema.View` has been renamed to
   `couchdb.mapping.ViewField`, in order to help distinguish it from
   `couchdb.client.View`.
 * Breaking change: the `client.Server` properties `version` and `config`
   have become methods in order to improve API consistency.
 * Prevent `schema.ListField` objects from sharing the same default (issue 107).
 * Added a `changes()` method to the `client.Database` class (issue 103).
 * Added an optional argument to the 'Database.compact` method to enable
   view compaction (the rest of issue 37).

It can be downloaded from PyPI here:

 <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CouchDB>

To report bugs, join the mailing list, etc, start with the project homepage:

 <http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/>

Many thanks to everyone who contributed patches and bug reports!

Cheers,

Dirkjan