couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About denormalization and keep consistent
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:31:53 GMT
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM, faust 1111 <faust451@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can catch changes in my app before save author, may be backend
> process is surplus in my case.
> i need consistent, when i update author name i must know that all
> contents with author was updated success.

Then their suggestion of watching _changes works for you. Start
watching _changes. Make all your changes to the documents' authors.
Any changes that come through on _changes, make sure they have the
proper author. Keep watching _changes until you're sure that nobody
has stale data they're waiting submit.

> 2010/4/8 Zachary Zolton <zachary.zolton@gmail.com>:
>> I suggest you check out the _changes API:
>> http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/change-notifications
>>
>> Basically, if you have doc types A & B, where B maintains a denormed
>> bit of A, then you can watch the _changes feed in a backend process.
>> When an A gets updated, hit a view of all B's related to that
>> particular A, and update the dernomed data.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM, faust 1111 <faust451@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guy's
>>> I return back to my problem with denormalization.
>>>
>>> is it possible to keep consistent when apply denormalization?
>>> For example
>>> Content
>>>   have author (we store author name and id in Content)
>>>
>>> When author name changed(that's happens not frequently)
>>> i need find all content belong to this author and update author name
>>> but what if this operation not finished (not all docs was updated)
>>>
>>> What i can do in this case?
>>> Thanks.

Andrew Melo