couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Coallier <david.coall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB and Hadoop_
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:05:41 GMT
On 16 April 2010 16:22, Fredrik Widlund <fredrik.widlund@qbrick.com> wrote:

> Well, we're building a solution on Couch and replication on a relatively large scale
and saying "it just works" doesn't really describe it for us. I really like the Couch design
but it's a bit of a challenge making it work, for us. I can describe the case if you like.

> Also we already have a decentralized distributed file system layer (which often is a
natural part of a cloud solution I suppose) so if we could run it on top of that it would
lessen the complexity of the overall solution.

> In any case it was a quick comment to the Hadoop question, and maybe it just wouldn't
work that way. You could in general discuss atomic operations/locking and performance implications
by moving synchronization to a lower abstraction layer I guess.

<snip>

You should look into couchdb-lounge . It should resolve most of your
"sharding" replication issues :)

--
David Coallier