couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Fisher <jameshfis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:57:52 GMT
I've no idea if I can attach PNGs here, but here goes.  Find attached one
proposed design.  Only Inkscape atm, but I should be able to convert to HTML
with little fuss.  A few notes:

* I threw away the font currently being used (I think it's Myriad, which to
me doesn't say "relaxation", and which I don't happen to have anyway).
Instead I went with http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Candela , which I
really think fits.  It says "informal" without looking rebellious, and has a
definite lounge-y "don't get off your feet" feel.  As a bonus it's free and
will allow no-fuss @font-face use.
* I got rid of the green.  To keep things dead simple I switched to the
exact complement of the main red -- a cyan.
* The wording needs work and is partly placeholder, but hopefully I've cut
out the diving into terminology without it being (too) patronising.
* it's a bit messy atm.
* I'm not really sure about those cushions I hacked up.  The idea might be
alright, but the curveyness and gradients totally conflict with the CouchDB
logo.
* other points to make, I think, but I'm going to eat now.

Let me know if