couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ben Hall <ben200...@googlemail.com>
Subject Replication Filters: When changing restrictions data becomes out of sync
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:57:32 GMT
Hi,

I have the following setup:

MainDB
FirstDB
SecondDB

First and Second will contain a subset of the data in MainDB. I
planned to use Replication Filters to populate the DB.  This is
working great, until I change a document in MainDB from being
restricted to FirstDB to being restricted to SecondDB.

When this happens, replication correctly applies it to SecondDB -
however it still exists in FirstDB. As such, my data is now
inconsistent.

Is this correct? The only thing I can think is that I'm going to have
to manually delete the document from FirstDB - which is a little bit
annoying.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Ben