couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Fisher <jameshfis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:41:35 GMT
@Robert Newson:

A good point I am sure.  I really only have a vague grasp of CouchDB
internals; would anyone fancy drawing up a schema of how things currently
stand?  If there is anything else to add?

@Mirsal:

I do kinda agree on the five-column thing.  Atm I'm thinking a two-col would
be better, using the widths implied by the couch and "goodbye, schemas..."
text.  Then the five current sections could go vertically down the right.
The left could be filled with another promotional paragraph, followed by the
schema similar to the sketch currently at couchdb.apache.org.

@Robert Dionne:

Lifted from that Django quote, yeah?  That's interesting -- though I don't
know if it would sound odd without the "for the web" contrast in the
original quote.  I'll throw that decision to everyone else.

@Simon and Noah:

Glad you like the diagram Simon, but it was never intended as permanent :).
I have Noah's doubts of whether hand-drawn fits with the impressionistic
plastic feel of everything else.  If I were to hand-draw it, it would be
roughly xkcd crossed with that "why's guide to ruby" thing.