couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Truemper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding P2P authentication
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:14:53 GMT

>> If this works like I described it, there is only one open question: how can I prevent
the users from replicating all documents P2P, without the synchronization server. I have the
usecase where not every user is allowed to see all documents, so I would have to prevent those
documents from replicating between two end users. I think this should be done via the validate
doc update function?!

> You can use filtered replication to keep a proxy database on the central server, one
for each user, that the user can replicate freely to and from. Then you can use filters when
replicating between the central db and the proxy db.
This is what I was thinking of on the central server side.

> A simpler option (depending on your app) would be to allow users to create workgroups,
and each workgroup gets a db which members can replicate, read and write to. This is simpler
than a central db plus it is easier for users to reason about.
But only a central db for each group may be better. Will have to think about it.

Thanks for the answer!
Daniel