couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:03:13 GMT

On 14 Apr 2010, at 19:59, Joe Williams wrote:

> First, thanks for taking the time to work on a new site. Overall I think the new design
is pretty slick. I am not even remotely a designer so I don't have solutions to my critiques
but here are the couple of things that popped in my head. First are the fonts, my initial
thought was "Is that Comic Sans?!". :) My second thought (possibly related to the first) was
it looks a little toy-ish. My thought is that the CouchDB site should represent the roubust,
durable datastore that Couch is.

Disagree. Playful is en vogue.

We're not marketing an "enterprise solution" we're marketing a database for real people.