couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: last compact time || updates since last compact
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:12:25 GMT
How much should a database change before you'd want to compact it? In what way would you measure
that? I just run a daily Python script (using couchdbkit) that compacts all databases and
views, which works fine in our setup. I think I heard upcoming versions of CouchDB will support
some form of auto-compacting?

Nils Breunese.
Van: John Merrells [john@merrells.com]
Verzonden: zaterdag 24 april 2010 19:05
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: last compact time || updates since last compact

Hello

I'm writing a script to automate compaction of my couch databases. Right now it just calls
compact on all the databases it finds on each server, which turns out to be a bit wasteful
if the database hasn't changed much since the last compaction. I could grab the info for each
database and stash it for later, but it'd be handier if couch just exported status information
for this. Does it? Could it? What do other folks do about automatic lazy couch compaction....

John

--
John Merrells
http://johnmerrells.com