couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0 (libmozjs-dev)
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:17:00 GMT
Did you look at the package that EPEL currently has in their repository for 0.10? That might
have some clues? SRPM is here: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repoview/couchdb.html

I have done several CouchDB from source installs following the instructions on http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_RHEL5
for dependencies. Not updated to 0.11 yet, though.

HTH, Nils.
Van: Dan Smythe [xkeitarox@gmail.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 20 april 2010 18:15
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0       (libmozjs-dev)

All --

Trying to build an RPM out of CouchDB 0.11 and I'm running into a similar
issue. This is on a CentOS 5.4 box, and I've used the directions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_SpiderMonkey?action=show&redirect=InstallingSpiderMonkeyto
get SpiderMonkey installed in /usr/local/spidermonkey.

Once installed following the directions, I have
/usr/local/spidermonkey/{bin,include,lib64} which contain the usual files.

My RPM configure line looks as such:

%configure --with-erlang=%_libdir/erlang%_includedir \
  --with-js-lib=/usr/local/spidermonkey/lib64 \
  --with-js-include=/usr/local/spidermonkey/include

Yet still it refuses to locate the libraries:

/*snip*/
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs3250... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs32... no
configure: error: Could not find the js library.

Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?

RPM build errors:
/*snip*/

I have tried a number of different times and methods. The js-devel package
is installed as well. Furthermore, I've tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
LD_INCLUDE_PATH, all to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I've started from the ground up twice now and am
running out of patience.

Cheers~

--Dan