couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cesar Delgado <beett...@ymail.com>
Subject Is there any way of adding a new member to an object in the map function?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:45:57 GMT
I'm playing around with CouchDB and am kinda curious if I can add a new member to an object
in the map (and/or reduce I guess as well) part.

Ok, so an example is I have an object with a name and a plain-text password:
{"name":"cesar", "passwd":"insecure"}

What I would like to do is run a map function on this that computes the md5 and then inserts
it into the object. I know it's horrible practice and I know it's wrong and I know this is
bad.  It's an example so please don't flame.

Right now all I've been able to do is return the value as a value and the doc._id as the key.

function(doc) {
 var hash = md5(doc.passwd) ;
 emit (doc._id,hash) ;

}

I'd love to just have a new JSON oabject as the value and no key.

function(doc) {
 var hash = md5(doc.passwd) ;
  doc.insertmefunct("hash",hash) ;
  emit(null,doc) ;
}

would produce:

{"name":"cesar", "passwd":"insecure","hash":"f166786326d565962e8523266c0e1d57"}

Thanks for the help,

-Cesar