couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Merrells <j...@merrells.com>
Subject last compact time || updates since last compact
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:05:37 GMT

Hello

I'm writing a script to automate compaction of my couch databases. Right now it just calls
compact on all the databases it finds on each server, which turns out to be a bit wasteful
if the database hasn't changed much since the last compaction. I could grab the info for each
database and stash it for later, but it'd be handier if couch just exported status information
for this. Does it? Could it? What do other folks do about automatic lazy couch compaction....

John

--
John Merrells
http://johnmerrells.com