couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB and Hadoop_
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:40:49 GMT
Why would someone possibly do that? CouchDB can do many things really well, and replication
is one of these things. It's dead simple to set up and just works...

On 16.04.2010, at 15:29, Fredrik Widlund wrote:

> Are the files reopened for each write etc? If locking works glusterfs for example could
be a nice solution for the replication. Each write would be atomically written to all instances,
and reads would be local (using AFR with preferred servers).