couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A simple comparative benchmark and look at include_docs performance.
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:53:10 GMT
On Apr 22, 2010, at 12:55 PM, David Coallier wrote:

>> Yes.  Were you running 0.10 before this build?  Do you have a mochiweb-r97 in $PREFIX/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib?
 Due to a quirk in the VM code path algorithms, r97 is considered newer than the r113 that
ships with 0.11, which produces unintended effects such as this.

>> If you remove all old versions of apps in that directory the problem should go away.
 If you don't have any old versions, I'm not sure what to tell you.  I've used mochijson2
with native code compilation successfully in the past.  Best,

> I think we should put this somewhere in the UPGRADE file (Perhaps good
> idea to create one for people that will upgrade from 0.1x to 1.0 or
> even from 0.10 to 0.11?) or in some FAQ section. I've seen this
> question come up at least 3 times in the past week which shows the
> importance of the issue/question :)
>
> --
> David Coallier

Agreed.  Or else we should fix the bug in the first place.  Or do both (mention in 0.11 UPGRADE,
fix for 1.0)

Adam