couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dahmen Manuel <manuel.dah...@gmail.com>
Subject Beginer questions
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:54:54 GMT
Hello i'm new to couchDB.

I'm asking me some questions about this software.
I'd like to make a platform with messages.
There will be a central server with a couchDB database and http server
and client applications which can receive and deliver messages
(message==document).
The user will be notified from messages from his contacts or
organization, even his own-fixed tasks, sheduled events that he had fix
him or assigned to him on his agenda.
I think about a very small client app, with calendar and events, task
lists and deadlines for tasks. Application would take place in the task
bar as an icon with access to:
- agenda
   - event reminder
   - event creation
- e-mail received (notification from e-mail client application)
- messages received
- sending messsages to contacts
It would be an application for an organization or a group of friends or
colleages.

About organization I was thinking about a photography club, a
photographer could save the location and description where he put his
new nice photo online. And other members get notified of his post (ie a
post on Flickr or Picasa)

A new contact/agenda application based on couchDB would be something
interesting?
That was my first idea of an application based on couchDB when i read
the website presenting the software.

One question : can couchDB handle binary documents like pictures, music,
and videos, or simply link to them?
Second question: If I want to make this application, what storage for
concrete 'documents' (no couchDB Document) like pictures?
- FTP and HTTP?
- P2P but about privacy?
I 'm going to read the book about couchDB and perhaps contribute to this
project.
--

Manuel Dahmen

Mobile: 0489/57.52.40