couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject reader_acl on Mac (Snow Leopard) - success
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:02:55 GMT
Just installed the latest CouchDB under Snow Leopard.

Turns out the only straightforward way to get everything working is to
do an install from Source:

- the one-click installer failed multiple tests

- installation from MacPorts failed the reader_acl test; and it wouldn't
let me create an admin account (I expect this was the permissions
problem someone reported)

- doing a clean install from Source, per the instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX went smoothly, and the
resulting installation passed all the tests, including reader_acl, and
let me create an admin account (NOTE: I made one change to the install
instructions - they specified an earlier version of erlang_otp - I
plugged in the latest ..14)

Miles Fidelman