couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a member into a JSON object in map function
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:00:32 GMT
Try running 'js' from the console - it's an interactive javascript
interpreter that makes figuring these things out much easier.

Try:
function(doc) {
	doc.hash = md5(doc.passwd);
	emit(null, doc);
}

On 13/04/2010 3:42 PM, Cesar Delgado wrote:
> I'm playing around with CouchDB and am kinda curious if I can add a new member to an
object in the map (and/or reduce I guess as well) part.

> Ok, so an example is I have an object with a name and a plain-text password:
> {"name":"cesar", "passwd":"insecure"}
>
> What I would like to do is run a map function on this that computes the md5 and then
inserts it into the object. I know it's horrible practice and I know it's wrong and I know
this is bad.  It's an example so please don't flame.