couchdb-user mailing list archives

From 7zark7 <>
Subject URL transformation within CouchDB?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 03:53:52 GMT
Hi, is there *any* way within CouchDB to modify a GET URL to replace
certain characters in the document id?

More specifically what I'd like to do is take a request URL that
contains forward slashes, such as:

and transform this to return a document which has the id:

I've tried the rewrite functionality, but doesn't look like it supports
modifying characters.  I've also tried hacky approaches like this:

   "from": "/file/:a/:b/:c/:d",

but the URL doesn't replace this correctly (shows "undefined" in the URL)

show functions can't seem to handle rendering attachments as far as I
can tell.

Any ideas?  I know about reverse proxys, etc, just would like to avoid
additional layers here.

View raw message